URINARY TRACT INFECTIONS
- The term urinary tract infection encompasses a variety of clinical entities.
- Cystitis: symptomatic disease of the bladder
- Pyelonephritis: symptomatic disease of the kidney
- Prostatitis: symptomatic disease of the prostate
- Asymptomatic bacteriuria (ASB): asymptomatic infection identified by a screening urine culture unrelated to the genitourinary tract
- Uncomplicated UTI refers to acute disease in nonpregnant outpatient women without anatomic abnormalities or instrumentation of the urinary tract; complicated UTI refers to all other types of UTI.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.